27 July 2012

Sorry for going quiet

For the last month or so, I've been living on Islay, working on a summer placement at the Gaelic college.  I've just found out that I've been accepted as an English teacher at the University of Corsica.  It's a pretty junior post, but I'm looking forward to getting out there, and walking, climbing, swimming and cycling... not to mention learning one of the lesser-studied Romance languages (Corsican) while improving my command of one of the more widely studied ones (French).

It's also not really a full-time post, so it'll give me time to start trying to build my Skype client base, and maybe even to break into translation.  It should also leave me with time to work on a wee language-related programming project I've started on.

And whatever else happens, I'll be in Corsica.

It's going to be a good year.

No comments: