05 October 2014

What's it like to lose language?

I recently started an online course about children's play with FutureLearn. One of the optional readings for week 1 was an interview with a practicing psychologist who had a stroke [journalofplay.com], triggering aphasia from which she has never fully recovered.

There's a lot of intriguing ideas in there, although it's a very long article and it wasn't interesting enough for me to get to the very end, but I figure a few of my regulars would enjoy it anyway.

1 comment:

Peregrinus said...

Peregrinus from polydog here with a link to a blog post of mine re the "drama" there. My feelings won't be hurt if you delete this post so as to avoid any complications for yourself. Or if you just don't care :).

http://theforeignlanguagelearner.blogspot.com/